Facts & Figures
The international textile exhibition PPM QUILT SHOW BRNO is the largest show of combined textile techniques not only in our country, but also in Central and Eastern Europe. Until 2019, it took place in Prague and after a long pause, it continues from 2022 at the Brno Exhibition Center. Leading authors of the artistic wall quilt regularly take part in the exhibition. Thanks to the high number of exhibits and attendance of 5,000 people, the exhibition ranks 4th in Europe, and its level is rising year by year.
On an area of 6,000 sq m , more than 900 collections of mostly wall quilts (modern tapestries) from 400 authors from all over the world and a selection of original works from the Czech Republic are regularly presented. One third of the area is occupied by specialized stores, which offer a wide selection of fabrics, aids, textile accessories, sewing machines, lighting, beads, decorations and colors for textiles, a range of knitting yarns and designer clothes.
Demonstrations of various techniques and mini-courses for beginners take place on many stands. The workshops are led by renowned domestic and foreign textile authors.
The artistic director of the exhibition is still Mrs. Jana Štěrbová, whose creation of modern wall quilts is known not only in the Czech Republic but also abroad. In addition to teaching and curatorial activities, he also participates in publishing the PPM Brno online Magazine. She is a member of BPK, SAQA, Patchwork Gilde Deutschland.
16. International Textile Exhibition
19.–21. 4. 2024
Brno Exhibition Centre
BVV Trade Fairs Brno
|Catalogue of Exhibitors:|
- Patchwork Fabric Sets
- Sewing Threads
- Beads, Components and Utilities for Jewellery Production
- Knitting and Embroidery Yarns
- Haberdashery, Sewing Aids
- Sewing Tools (cutting underlays, patterns, rotary cutter, knitting needles)
- Sewing and Embroidery Machines and Equipment
- Ironing Machines and Equipment
- Patchwork Literature
- Fabric Sets with Pre-printed Patterns
- Finished Products (patchwork, clothing, bijouterie, etc.)
- Materials, Semi-finished Products and Tools for Creating with Paper, Reed, Rafia, Plywood, etc.
- Embroidery Patterns and Kits
- Associations, institutions